What’s the Liebster Award? It’s an opportunity for travel bloggers to get to know other travel bloggers. My blog is not purely about travel, but since it is one of my passions, somehow I qualified. Big thanks to Kas Sommers for nominating me through his travel blog. When I first got the notification that I was nominated, I confess I was expecting something like this. But that would just be another thing to take care of. This is much more fun. I need to answer eleven questions which will let you, my dear Reader, get to know me a bit better. Then I will nominate some other up-and-coming bloggers for the award and set them questions to answer. You can find those at the bottom of this post. So let’s get into it.
1.What is the strangest thing you have eaten while traveling? That would probably cow tongue. But don’t think I am that crazy I didn’t knew it. I went to have dinner with my Korean friends at a Korean BBQ place. There they serve you many kinds of meet which you put on a little grill on your table. My friend suggested me to eatch some particular piece. After eating I asked him what it was and so they told me that was meat from a cow’s tongue… Note to myself… Never ask again. 2. Not counting passport and money, what’s the one travel essential that you can’t leave home without? My cellphone! This is my connection to the world. Even when I am on the other site of the world I can talk to my friends and update my blog, taking pictures and always be up to date. I love my cellphone couldn’t leave home without it! 3.After some time on the road, what do you start craving from home? My own bed! I don’t know why..but even when I feel very confortable and save at a certain place I can never sleep as confi and save as in my own bed. 4.Books or e-reader – which do you prefer while you’re travelling? Definitely books. I mean an e-reader probably is easier to pack lighter and can carry probably hundreds of books but I rather hold a book in my hands then some electronic device. When the battaries are out and no way to charge what you gonna do? Books are timeless. I love technology but nothing can replace a book. 5.Have you had a travel experience that has profoundly affected who you are as a person? Definitely on my year abroad. This experience changed me not completely but alot. I see the world through other eyes now and also changed my behaviour about particular things. I met people from many countries in the world and I learned so much from each of them I cannot even mention it all. But from my Japanese friends I learned to be more calm and patient. From my american friends I learned – besides better English – the American Way of Life and the ordinary college life which was super fun! But the very most important thing I’ve learned during that time is.. every country and every nation is special in its own way and not to have any steriotypes or prejudices. 6. Planes, trains or automobiles? What transport do you prefer or love? Airplanes definitely. For two reasons… First: Planes are my passion love the feeling before a flight when you are excited and waiting or your flight at the airport. I love how big and massive they are but still can fly up in the sky and stay there for hours. Second: It is definitely the fastest way of travelling. You wanna get from Europe to Asia? – No problem by plane. Any other vehicle will take ages to get there. 7. Which fictional character would be your ideal travelling companion? Wow.. that’s such a hard question… I don’t know. Maybe one of the Minions because they are fun. 😀 8. What is your favorite foreign curse word or phrase? Bakka.. Not really a curse world, it means stupid in Japanese but I really like the sound of it.. Bakka 😀 9. Fill in the blank: the world would be a much better place without ______ . war 10. You have an unlimited travel budget for 24 hours. What is your itinerary? Travel through Europe beginning in my country and towards the east and see how far I can get. 11. What is the number one item on your personal bucket list? I wanna dive and swim with dolphins! ♥
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your own blog.
- Display the award on your blog as a feature image, graphic, or widget.
- Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate five to eleven blogs with less than 1,000-ish (doesn’t have to be exact) followers that you feel deserve the award.
- Ask a new list of eleven questions for your nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Publish the full post on your blog.
- Notify your nominees with a link to your Liebster post so that they can learn about it.
Here are my nominees:
annajam.es johannamassey.com bulldogtravels.wordpress.com loveallwaysalways.com roamwildandfree.com chipandkit.wordpress.com markandmelody.wordpress.com allysandbyways.wordpress.com
Here are eleven questions for them to answer:
1) What has been your most amazing travel experience yet? 2) If you had a ticket around the world and you could pick 5 countries to visit.. which would you pick? 3) You have to decide betweet a camera, cellphone or laptop.. what would you take with you on a journey? 4) What was your longest flight yet.. where did you fly and how long did it take? 5) What’s your favourite thing to do when waiting for your flight at the airport? 6) Have you ever had a bad travel experience? – What was it? 7) If you could pick between a safari in Africa, a diving journey at the Maldives or a trekking tour in Machu Picchu – what would you go for? 8) Have you ever lost luggague? 9) What would be your worst nightmare to happen while travelling? 10) Have you ever made friends while travelling? 11) Do you prefer travelling alone or taking someone with you? I can’t wait to read your blogs and discover more about you.